LUI News (formerly Speech Strategy News), published since 1993, is the industry's newsletter on the commercial use of speech and natural language technology, including speech recognition, natural language interpretation (NLI), text-to-speech (TTS), speaker authentication, audio search, and voice search, as well as supporting developments in machine learning, Artificial Intelligence, and other related technologies.
The newsletter is written by Dr. William Meisel, who has both technical and business experience in developing and deploying speech recognition and its applications. Readers rave over the insights in the newsletter and the time it saves them in keeping up with developments.
LUI News covers market segments that include:
- Call center applications, including automating customer service and extracting business and quality information from recorded calls
- Mobile phone applications and services
- Bots and bot-hosting
- Enterprise virtual assistants, specialized company-specific and application-specific personal assistants
- General personal assistants, such as Apple's Siri, Google's Google Now, Facebook's M, and Microsoft's Cortana.
- Telephone productivity applications in enterprises, including unified communications, automated attendants, password reset, and workforce automation
- Service provider applications, including unified communications, information and entertainment services, automated directory assistance, and voice search
- Voice Search
- Automotive and telematics applications
- Hands-free operation of wireless phones and other devices
- Dictation on PCs, including vertical markets such as healthcare
- Industrial applications, including warehouse operations
- Control of home entertainment systems
- Specialized systems such as handheld translators and Air Traffic Control training systems
Each issue is searchable, providing a long-term research tool.